Death toll rises to 359 in Sri Lanka bombings, more arrested

Police say the death toll in the Easter attacks in Sri Lanka has risen to 359 and more suspects have been arrested, Trend reports citing Khaleej Times.

Police spokesman Ruwan Gunasekara also said Wednesday morning that 18 suspects were arrested overnight, raising the total detained to 58.

The prime minister warned on Tuesday that several suspects armed with explosives were still at large.

Another top government official said the suicide bombings at the churches, hotels and other sites were carried out by militants in apparent retaliation for the New Zealand mosque massacre last month.

The Daesh group has claimed responsibility for the Sri Lanka attacks and released images that purported to show the attackers. Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe said that investigators were still determining the extent of the bombers' foreign links.

24.04.2019 10:46 / Hits: 78 / Print
 
    Bu bölmədə
     News feed
    17.05.2019
    16.05.2019
     
    2019 All right reserved www.azadinform.az Powered by Danneo